Oferta de empleo como Deputy Chemistry Laboratory Manager en Empresa multinacional, London, London Publicada el: Monday, 15 Jun - 12:31 Nombre de la empresa: Empresa multinacional Número de trabajadores: 10000
Sede central en: Barcelona
Descripción de la empresa
Empresa multinacional con fuerte posicionamiento en su sector y oficinas centrales en Barcelona.
Ubicación Población: London Código Postal: SE10 9QF Provincia: London País: Reino Unido
Puesto vacante: Deputy Chemistry Laboratory Manager
Categorías: Calidad, producción e I+D - Gestión de la calidad Nivel: Empleado Personal a cargo: (Seleccionar) Número de vacantes: 1
Descripción de la oferta: Purpose of role:
To assist the Laboratory management with the supervision and operation of a busy Chemistry Laboratory. You will assist with the supervision, training and development of Chemistry staff, ensuring workloads are efficiently managed. You will also assist with the expansion and management of a comprehensive quality system that ensures the highest standards are maintained for all work carried out in the Chemistry Laboratory.
- To undertake and supervise the analysis of water from a wide variety of sources and, on occasion, other matrices in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- To assist management with the day to day running of the Chemistry team, ensuring that the correct levels of staff are available at all times to ensure no disruption to sample throughput occurs.
- To assist the management with monitoring the activities of junior staff, ensuring that their performance in all areas of work is satisfactory and cost effective.
- To assist with the implementation and management of changes to the laboratory and quality system and ensure they are met.
- To ensure that samples are tested for the appropriate chemistry parameters using the correct methodologies and results are delivered within the desired timescales.
- To examine, prepare and authorise the production of analytical reports.
- To produce routine and specialist analytical work, undertaking specialist site investigations and sampling as required.
- To assist with implementing, developing, reviewing and updating standard operating procedures for the Chemistry department.
- To ensure that the methods used within the laboratory reflect current legislative and industrial requirements and provide expertise in method development and validation.
- To undertake and ensure recording of formal training for all department staff and to promote cross training of different departments.
- To assist management with supplier and manufacturer liaison in order to source the best deals
for equipment and servicing for the Chemistry Laboratory, ensuring minimum machine down time and continuity of supply.
- To ensure that response to breakdown and emergency situations is effective and within agreed timescales.
- To assist with implementation of external and internal auditing systems.
- To ensure that an audit trail is fully completed and maintained to demonstrate investigation of any non compliances associated with deviations from routine practises.
- To ensure that all quality control, method deviations or equipment breakdowns are reported promptly to the Quality Manager(s) and if required, to customers via Client Liaison Officers.
- To assist and document investigations, according to internal quality policies.
- To provide technical support to customers, client liaison officers, and other members of the laboratories when needed.
- To prepare and participate in departmental meetings and prepare data for company reports.
Requisitos Estudios mínimos: Licenciado Experiencia mínima: Al menos 2 años Imprescindible residente en: (Seleccionar) Requisitos mínimos: Qualifications required:
- A Degree, HNC or other relevant qualification at an equivalent level in an appropriate scientific discipline.
- 2 years supervisory experience in an ISO 17025 Inorganic Chemistry environment.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of water sample matrices, inorganic analytical techniques and interferences
- Must be fully conversant with the EU and UK regulations relating to the chemical analysis of water
- Must possess a good statistical understanding.
- Must be able to plan and implement positive action to deal with emergency situations.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to motivate and develop staff potential.
- Must have supervisor abilities.
Contrato Tipo de contrato: (Seleccionar) Jornada laboral: Completa